8.15.2006

Love, Actually?

I was talking to a friend today. He's been going out with this girl since like, I don't know, February? He says he loves her. That he wants to be with her forever. I know her better than he does. She's not THAT amazing.
He's so sure of himself. He acts like he knows he loves her. But how can he know? It just seem impossible for a 16 year-old kid to be truly in love. Like, the real deal. I wonder if that could happen to me. Meet some girl that I find amazing, fall for her head over heels, and thinks she's the one. It just seems a bit naive.
Whenever people think someone is too young for love, someone brings up Romeo and Juliet. How they had this incredibly passionate love for one another, and were so passionate, they killed themselves over it. HELLO, PEOPLE!!! THEY WERE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS!!!
And that's only the half of it. How come two young teens fall madly in love so quickly? If you actualy pay attention to the play, it actually only take place over three or four days, no longer than a week. What we, society, have put on a pedastal as the most famous, passionate, great love of all time is actually no more than puppy love gone wrong. Shakespeare should have named it "Fatal Attraction".
When I look at Romeo and Juliet, I see middle school in the middle ages. Boy meets girl, boy thinks girl is hot, girl likes boy because he is cute, boy wants to get into girls pants ( or corset), girl is looking for the attantion she never got from daddy, boy gets some, kids treat themselves WAY too seriously, kids forget to take their prozac, drama, suicide.
Do teenagers take themselves too seriously? or are they the ones that are right about the whole love thing. If only we could mix adult maturity with the passion of an adolescent.
Do I want to find love? Definately, more than most guys my age. Do I want to find it ASAP? I think I'll just go with the flow for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home