8.27.2006

Just checking in...

I haven't posted in a while; I've been pretty busy with work, and back to school prep.

I thought I should let everyone know that I have a new computer. I am very happy about it. I collaborated with the parents to buy a brand new beautiful compaq laptop. I went from the slowest, oldest desktop ever, with a 6 gb drive, and a huge monitor, to a 100 gb , 3.3 lb. trubrite screen laptop.

I'm very happy

Personally, I find it very intriguing how there are people my age who have very little enthusiasm for technology. I love technology, always have. Most techno buffs Iknow are gamers, of which I am not. I find games a bit boring after a while. I'll play one game for hours, and not pick it up for months. I;m also not very good at them.

But when I talk about teens who aren't so technology savvy, I don't mean kids who can't afford it.
I can udnerstand not being able to afford technology. I only recently came into some money allowing me to uy some new luxuries, and I realize that I am very priviledged. One thing that I don't understand is girls.
WHY don't girls have the same love for technology that guys do? Why do they insist on spending more money on clothing then computers, or cameras??? Why go on a $300 shopping spree, when you could buy a digital camera with the same amount?

I have a friend, who is a girl, who is very well off. Both her parents are trained to be lawyers, and one is a prof at the university. They have money to burn.
But what does she spend her money on? Those "cute shoes in that boutique downtown".
WHAT!?!?
If I had the kind of money she has, I would be the most electronically pimpedout teenager in the world.
What electronics does she have? a computer. and a nano that she only uses cause it has music on it. She wants to buy a digital camera, because everyone else is buying one. She knows so little, she has to ask me what to buy. She doesnt even have a cell phone. I have one, and my social life is about half of hers. She is constantly borrowing my cell (wasting my minutes) because her parents just havent bought her one.

I just don't understand it.

Over my dead body will my new laptop be taken away from me.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Amen to almost all the points in this post.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home