9.05.2006

New year, new beginnings

So, today was my first day back to school. It wasn't really a real day, because we only went in to school for about an hour to get our schedules.
It was okay. I used to have long hair, but over the summer i cut it short, for the first time in about 6 years. People seemed to like it.
I'm nervous this year. It's my last year, my final chance to make an impression. When people remember in years to come, they'll remember the version of me from this year.
I'm not the most popular kid. I wouldn't want popularity, it's too much work. I have my friends, a msaller group, but were close. We really only started hanging out a lot last year. We had instant chemistry, and we all thought that we would be great friends forever. Lame, I know. But it worked. At least until we realised that one o the girls that hung out with us was a total bitch, mean to everyone and was only wanting popularity. See, I'm not popular, but I'm well liked. But she's not either, popular or well liked. The other two in our group, a girl and another guy, are popular. And this other girls was only looking for popularity. For me, being popular would be a reason NOT to hang out with them. But they're still my friends.

So this group of friends that last year I thought was wonderful, is almost fully dissolved. And that sucks, because that means I'll have to branch out and find other friends, for the third time since I got to high school.

Though I'm scared to leave the bubble of high school, I still am happy to leave behind the trivialities of it and finally find some true friends. But , who really knows. Maybe I'll get to university and nothing will actually change. Whatever I do, things can always go wrond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home